Monday, April 18, 2011

O is for Orion



Orion is my favorite constellation.  I can see him from my back yard and I can always pick him out when there is a clear view.  I'm not sure what it is exactly but I've tried to explain it in a poem that I titled Orion, if you want to give it a read at all:-)

I have a fascination with the stars.  I'm sure a lot of people do but for some reason they calm me.  I think it's because they are up above so high, like a diamond in the sky... oh wait, no that's not it.  I don't even like diamonds.  Amazing I know, a girl that doesn't like diamonds.  I'd take a star over a diamond any day... LOL.  I just like a little color so that's why I don't really care for diamonds but stars... they are perfect as they are. 

Ok, wait... this is becoming about stars which is S not O... back to Orion!  I don't really know much about him so he's a mystery man.  I know he's a hunter so I imagine that he's hunting for the other constellations each night that he's out so that he can point them out to me cause, for as much as I love stars, I can't ever find them.  I'm lucky if I find the big dipper!  But I find Orion, all the time... I think we are soul mates:-)

1 Unleashed voices:

Debra Ann Elliott said...

My pleasure. You deserve a golden sprout.

Total Pageviews