Friday, April 15, 2011

M is for Mogli

 


I love me some Mogli so of course M has to be for her!  I made mention of her in the K blog, you can read that at K is for Karma if you didn't already and would like to. Who is Mogli you ask?  She is my puppy:-)  Well she's not a puppy any longer but she's a Miniature Pinscher so she is small enough and energetic enough to seem like she is.  I think that her coming into my life was just fate.  I just happened to go into a pet shop where I saw her and immediately fell in love with her.  Her birthday is July 25 and mine is July 26 so we were each other's birthday present... to be honest I think I got the better end of the deal:-)

Back in 2008 I wrote Ode to Mogli and that poem has one of my favorite pictures of her that I've taken.  I don't normally take pictures that well but that one was pretty good and here are 2 more of my favorites:



That first picture is her sweet and innocent look or she's just pretending to listen to everything I say.  The second is her reindeer look.  She had to help Santa one year, they do have deer DNA in theirs you know.  Seriously, I read it on line when I was reading about them cause I didn't believe the lady when she said they really aren't related to the Doberman Pinscher breed at all.  But, they look like mini pinschers... hence the name... but no.  It was confirmed, they aren't related at all.  They were bred in Germany as mousers.  What the heck???  Isn't that what cats are for??? 

Regardless of all that she is a great snuggler, jumps like a kangaroo, sounds vicious when she growls and is just all around adorable.  Karma, my Jack Russell, that is the topic of K is for Karma, loves to wrestle around with Mogli so that is when Mogli tries to sound all vicious.  It's pretty funny:-)

I lose track of the years but she is about 8 or so now and she is still full of energy, just like when I brought her home.  It's amazing cause that's like 48 or something in dog years!  I also have a Moluccan Cockatoo, named Tangelo, and of all the pets that I've had over the years Mogli is the only one that Tangelo stays away from.  Mogli is so spastic that Tangelo just gets nervous and he runs away from her.  It's pretty funny cause this is a bird that used to strut up to a Samoyed (that was about 90 pounds) nip him in his nose and sit there to see what he'd do.  The Samoyed, just squealed and either got up and moved or stuck around to take his chances of having it happen again.  Yeah, brave bird until Mogli showed up:-) 

Yep, it was fate that Mogli and I came into each other's lives because not only is our birthday a day apart (just the day not the year, otherwise I'd be 8 myself... oh to be 8 again!... LOL) but both our names begin with a M.  That wasn't planned, Mogli was just the name that came to mind when I made the decision to rescue her from her window in the pet store.  She was seriously the doggie in the window so I got to say to the pet store chic "How much is that doggie in the window?"  I couldn't really say the one with the waggly tale though cause hers was snipped so it's just a little nubbin. I felt bad cause her ears had been snipped too and even though they assured me that it's normal it still isn't right.  She is a cutie though and I do love her from her pointy little ears to her little nubbin tale:-) 

7 Unleashed voices:

Debra Ann Elliott said...

Too cute!

Ellie said...

Mogli is adorable!

Ellie Garratt

Candyland said...

AWWW! So cute!!!

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Mogli is wonderful Thank you for sharing him with us,


Thank you also for your comment.
Yvonne,

Ella said...

She is so sweet; so happy you rescued that doggy from the window~ Fun to read! I love animals~

Jenny said...

What a sweetie!

LEA said...

"M" is for ... MAH-VE-LOUS!! And that is Mogi :-) She is a sweetheart and a perfect birthday gift. I lost my pug last winter, and have been yearning for another dog. It's hard..wanting another dog, but missing the one you just held in your arms a few months ago.

Total Pageviews