Friday, April 29, 2011

High in the Sky



Some think we're crazy but we like it high
so far up you'd think we could fly.
It's a weird fascination don't ask us why
maybe we just want to be part of the sky.

We can look down on you all for a change
way up here, far out of your range.
When we are down there you all think we're strange
and that we'll most likely pass on the mange.

It's peaceful up here except for the planes
better than feeling like being kept by chains.
No one to run over us like steam engine trains
and no one to baffle our worn out brains.

The city's so small way down below
and every Tom, Dick and Sherry run to and fro
all anxious and stressed to make tons of dough
while way up here we bask in the sun's glow.

We come down to visit once and a while
and we greet you all with a friendly smile
but you all really seem so very hostile
That we come to realize being high is our style.





I just let the fingers flow on this one but I don't flow from experience and I never inhaled!

8 Unleashed voices:

haikulovesongs said...

{giggle} mmm hmmm...never inhaled, huh?

great poem! i love it!

Olivia said...

I most certainly like your style..!!
Very high-tened indeed..
Hugs xox

Meryl said...

Very cool post! Kind of neat looking at our world from that perspective and as a big city person, it is unfortunately all too true.

beccagivens said...

Great one - I like you used your response to the prompt an "explanation" of the treacherous photo! Nice viewpoint! :-)

Steve Isaak said...

Fun, solid read.

Shanae Branham said...

Cute use of the picture for the prompt! Fun theme Thursday.

Lisa said...

Nice job on this prompt. I liked your write alot.

I couldn't use the picture. Creeped me out. lOL

Lisa
InspiredbyLisa

Andy said...

I really liked this view from the top. Personally, I prefer to keep my two feet firmly planted on the ground!

Well done with the prompt.

Total Pageviews