Friday, April 8, 2011

He's So Excited


The above picture is Tangelo and his reaction to the fact that I said I was going to a bird show this weekend and could possibly come home with goodies for him. As you can see, he's pretty excited and and we are both looking forward to seeing what it is that he will get.

Tangelo is quite the character and he used to be pretty spoiled but these past few years he's had life a little rough having to be downstairs with my house pests from hell. I feel bad for him so I try to spend time with him here and there but there just isn't room for him to hang out with me in the upstairs where it is pest free, for the most part. For this reason I feel that he needs to be spoiled with gifts. Well that and the store where I usually get his toys from didn't have any the last couple times for a bird his size. He's a biggun and he chews through wood like it's nothing but toothpicks. I'm talking some big old blocks of wood too!

I have to admit that I'm also looking forward to seeing other birds. If I could have more birds I would but it's just not in the cards right now and I'm thinking Tangelo is happy being the only bird in this nest. He's already putting up with a cat and all the pests that are down there invading his space so I'm pretty sure he doesn't want more even if they are birds. The saying birds of a feather flock together only really works when the birds think they are birds, I'm pretty sure Tangelo doesn't think he is a bird. I'm not sure what he thinks he is but he meows like the cat and laughs like me and I'm surprised that he doesn't swear like a sailor cause the pests certainly do!

0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews