Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dreaming of You


As the sun rises, the eyelids do too
which is a shame cause I was dreaming of you.
All the fun times we’ve had over the years
in all kinds of locations without any fears.

We were always in groups, never alone
and we seem to match like ice cream and cone.
I must admit that I could live without you
but it’s more fun together from my point of view.

A heads up now if you don’t already know,
I do lack some grace so you’ll have to keep me in tow.
Yep I’ve been dreaming of you both day and night
we’ve been apart for so long it just doesn’t seem right.

So it’s time once again to gather up friends
and hope that each and every one of them attends.
It’s happy hour ya’ll, from both near and far
all we got to do is come up with the right bar.

This will provide us with some laughter and fun
and time for me to reconnect with my beloved one.
You may ask yourself who it is I dream of
well it’s not all of you but I say that with love.

What I actually dream of is a huge margarita
and maybe chips with cheese that’s better than Velveeta!


8 Unleashed voices:

dustus said...

Fun poem. I really like the opening two lines very much:
"As the sun rises, the eyelids do too
which is a shame cause I was dreaming of you."

versebender said...

Hah...margarita dreams! Of course, you had me leaning the wrong way on this one. Great twist at the end! Vb

Christine said...

It's not right to lead us on that way, and now, I'm craving a margarita too. This was fun to read.

Deborah @ThirtyCreative said...

I was waiting for that forbidden love, but the Margaritas & the Nachos will do it for me too.

Brian Miller said...

ha. hope you get that margarita...sounds rather nice right now...

HisFireFly said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh margaritas.. makes me think of summer nights and candlelight - outdoor cafes and shameless flirting...

gautami tripathy said...

Wonderful ending!

:D

Here is my one shot:
diamonte

John (@bookdreamer) said...

Love the opening lines

Total Pageviews