Monday, April 25, 2011

Bathed in the Light


Wrapped in the warmth of a lover's arms
seduced by his whispers and his charms
if I knew then he couldn't leave the farms
that would have set off many alarms.

He was quite the stallion, broad and strong
and he like to wear his hair rather long.
He loved to prance around in a thong
and that I knew was a little bit wrong.

One moonlit night we ventured a bit too far
off of the farm following a star.
Bathed in the light was a sight quite bizarre,
he wasn't a man at all he was a centaur!
©MDO

9 Unleashed voices:

Tara R. said...

Loved the twist ending. I had to laugh though at the line about dancing in a thong.

Judith C Evans said...

Love it! Great buildup to a fun ending.

Velvet Verbosity said...

That was a fun little romp. :)

Rebekah Fonseca said...

LOL imagining a centure in a thong. Tee Hee funny image. great poem though

Annette said...

Unexpected ending - fun to read!

Teresa said...

So cute...loved the ending!

barbara said...

love the ending. Thanks for giving me a smile.

Lance said...

Yeah, the ending hit me well. I like the rhyming structure. Well done !

Simply Wren said...

Whimsical!

Total Pageviews