Wednesday, April 27, 2011

B is for Balkanized

Jenny Matlock
 

Today I have for you the word balkanized.  I caution you now that the end of this blog may not be pretty!  Here is what the Merriam-Webster dictionary has to say about it:


Balkanized means "broken up (as a region or group) into smaller and often hostile units."

It comes from the Balkan peninsula, a region that was carved up into smaller states during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

So what that means to me is that it is an awesome way to describe the war against fat that I need to wage!  I'm gonna totally balkanize so that it can fight amongst itself.  Fat is definitely hostile, it's not going to go easy!  I figure if you break it down then each section will fight the next so that it can survive.  Slowly each unit will hopefully die, leaving only the strong to survive.  In this story the strong is the muscle that will build up and eradicate any hostile units remaining! Some of the less hostile units will be allowed to remain under the leadership of the muscle.  It'll be a long road to travel, there will be bumps along the way but inner peace will be found at the end so let the balkanizing begin....



Contrary to what anyone may say, that is not me in the picture.... just an example of someone balkanizing.  No plump people were hurt in the making of this blog however, there are high hopes of fat cells being hurt as time goes on;-)







Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

17 Unleashed voices:

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I hope your "balkanizing" isn't too painful!

good luck,

RMW

Gina said...

I love your B post! I'm starting my own Balkanizing against fat as well :)
Lets kick some fat butt!!!
Gina
http://ginakay.typepad.com

Becky said...

Best of luck!

from my wicked ways to turning a phrase said...

that is one definately original way to look at taking on the fat. good luck,hopefully the inner turmoil doesnt cause to much discomfort or refugees seeking safe harbor somewhere else. before the balkanizing begans you may want to clse all borders 1st just as a precaution

Christine said...

I feel guilty now for eating pringles and drinking a wine cooler this afternoon, while reading blogs. I really need to go for a walk now. Thanks.

EG Wow said...

Best wishes to you as you Balkanize fat. :)

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, man! If this works, you could be rich. I'd pay a lot to have the fat fighting each other instead of me! GO Balkanizing!

dlmsliceofpie said...

Great picture! Love the word ... and the meaning! We should create a new slogan!

Jenny said...

So how does the plan work?

I'm totally willing and ready to be 'balkanized' right along with you!

Good luck to you! Make sure you write it all down so I can do it next!

Thanks for an interesting link this week.

A+

Judie said...

So Christine age Pringles this afternoon??? Nix that! Just give me the wine!!!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I hope that many fat cells just surrender!

Lolamouse said...

Oh my! That picture reminds me that I should be cutting back on my snacking as well!

N. R. Williams said...

Good luck with losing your weight. I'm doing the same thing slowly. I lost 31 pds last year on Weight Watchers. It's easy, no calorie counting, a must for me. End commercial.

Thank you for buying my books, I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say about them.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

Terra said...

may all the balkanizing go well! I am with Jenny I would like to hear the plan!

Francisca said...

Greetings from the Balkans... and happy balkanizing!

Mary said...

I love the term balkanizing. No bathing suit for me until I balkanize myself :-)

Vicki aka Jake said...

Tiptoeing through Jenny's meme and found you on a mission to kill something:) Good luck!

Total Pageviews