Sunday, September 20, 2009

Over

Rubble, 2007, acrylic on paper Pictures, Images and Photos

Blogophilia 29.2 Topic: Take Back Your Rotten Gift
Bonus points
(hard, 2 points): incorporate the phrase "fire in the hole"
(easy, 1 point): include a major league baseball team name


Take back your rotten gift
I don’t want it any more.
Through the rubble I have to sift,
around all the pain and gore.

You found a space to weasel in
and shouted fire in the hole.
It’s like I was influenced by gin
missing that you were just a mole.

The Texas Rangers couldn’t find you
after you left my life in shambles.
It’s like you vanished without a clue
yet with a hint everyone still scrambles.

The next time you show your face
help will not be on my menu.
I hope you hang your head in disgrace
if you do appear in this venue.
©MDO

0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews