Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day at the Track

Blogophilia 21.2 Topic: Seasons in the Sun
bonus points
(hard, 2 points): incorporate a USP in your write (Unique Selling Proposition, i.e. 'melts in your mouth not in your hand')
(easy, 1 point) mention Donald Trump
Final day to post: July 27th midnight GMT.



“We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun” Remember that verse??

That was the song that played as we ate M&Ms at the race track. I was thinking it was a good thing that they melt in your mouth & not in your hands because it was a hot one! It would be awesome if I could say that I made out like Donald Trump on the race but sadly I can not! My hair on the other hand was sporting a much better style than his so for that I rejoice. I tried to pick a horse on a whim and picked Sugarsnap but I came to find out that I probably could have gotten down on that track and out galloped him. I was a little angry I admit, I even cursed him by saying that he should be given the march of death to the glue factory but I took that back quickly cause Karma… it sneaks up on ya every time! Needless to say I lost a good chunk of change on that filly, is that even the right term? Ever heard someone say you’re dead horsemeat?? Yeah, I felt like that was me because you see… I used a bookie to place my bet and lost so now I’m on the run. The collectors for the bookie are known as Bones, Thuggs, & Hard Money so me, being a little slow on the uptake, I thought they were a singing group until I officially met them. Yeah, they don’t sing but they sure can make a person sing in all the wrong ways! I was able to get them to give me a few days to get the green together but I missed that deadline, like a horse’s ass, so I’m now in hiding and hoping that they are the meat heads I think they are. If only I were a horse whisperer!

So, I did have some joy & fun (while I seasoned in the sun) but now I’m just wishing I had some Donald Trump like assets to get the bookie trio off my tale!


0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews