Friday, June 12, 2009

Pub & Your Geek Muse

Blogophilia 15.2 Topic: We Just Disagree
(hard, 2pts): Mention one of the muses from ancient Greece
(easy, 1pt): Invent a New Acronym
Final day to post: June 15th, midnight GMT.

Ok, things have been busy this week so this is a piece meal type entry. I wasn’t going to do it due to time but that would be sacrilege because I haven’t missed a week since I began so why start now!?!? I told myself PUB… no I wasn’t going to go drinking although that does sound like a good idea. PUB is my acronym for pony up beyotch! So that’s where I decided to make it short & sweet. As for the pic, the only other guess I came up with is don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. I hate when I try to figure out what those sayings actually mean… it makes my brain spin too much and sometimes I’m just too dang dizzy already! With that being said I leave you with a link to a quiz where you can find out which Greek Muse you are. I was tied between Euterpe & Urania and since my for my tie breaker question I picked music over the sky Euterpe won out. Here are my results & the link follows… it’s fun so you gotta do it… you know you want to know or do we just disagree?
You scored as Euterpe
You are Euterpe, the muse of music. You are an inventor, and you constantly come up with new ideas. You are happy when everyone else is happy.

Euterpe


69%
Urania


69%
Calliope


56%
Thalia


50%
Terpischore


50%
Melpomene


44%
Polyhymnia


44%
Clio


31%
Erato


31%

Here is the link ~ Which Greek Muse Are You?

Here is some info on Euterpe; I had to check her out in Wikipedia so I thought I’d share:

Called the "Giver of delight", when later poets assigned roles to each of the Muses, she was the muse of music. In late Classical times she was named muse of lyric poetry and depicted holding a flute. A few say she invented the aulos or double-flute, though most mythographers credit Marsyas with its invention. The river god Strymon impregnated Euterpe; her son Rhesus led a band of Thracians and was killed by Diomedes at Troy, according to Homer's Iliad.


0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews