Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dear Diary



Blogophilia 14.2 Topic: Keeping Up Appearances
(hard, 2pts): Incorporate the Eiffel Tower
(easy, 1pt): Include a diary
Final day to post: June 8th, midnight GMT.



Dear Diary,

Today I feel like I need to put aside all the hysteria and work hard at keeping up appearances. I stick out like a sore thumb around this British rock band but their album Pyromania sparked my interest… pun intended… LOL! I like fire, they like fire… what could go wrong. Nothing, right… that was my thought too so I ran right out and became a roadie for Def Leppard!!

Our first big concert stop was in Paris. They played right in front of the Eiffel Tower and what was my job??? Well, at just the right moment I got to pour some sugar on me… I mean them… LOL! Seriously, a huge bag of sugar poured in front of a fan that then blew it out and over the band into the crowd. Yep, the people left that night sticky for a multitude of reasons because the dudes definitely brought on the heartache for many women… and maybe even some men!

That was definitely the kick off to one crazy world wind of a tour. Once I let down my guard the guys accepted me as one of the family and good times were had by all. I like to think that they hit their streak in the 80’s so for that reason I quantify them as an 80’s rock band… maybe even a hair band although they didn’t like that title. Yep that summer was definitely one to remember and while there was no actual fire involved there were pyrotechnics and those are just as fun so it was a win, win situation for sure!!


0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews