Thursday, June 18, 2009

Always Keep Climbing



Blogophilia 16.2 Topic: Sheer Determination
bonus points
(hard, 2 points): write autobiographically - means just that, not simply adding the word autobiographically -
(easy, 1 point): Share a favorite line from a fairytale or nursery rhyme that became your mantra for life.
Final day to post: June 22nd midnight GMT.



It was sheer determination and a will to keep sane that kept my head above water last week. Sometimes it feels like life just gives me too much to handle and living then becomes a series of balancing acts. Deep inside I know that one can never be given more than they can handle but when I’m not reaching down deep there is that fear that I may just snap. I’m not an acrobatic performer by any means so I can only bend so far before I reach that point.

The saving grace to it all is that when I make it through the storm there are usually blue skies ahead. This week was my drying out period. I’m a firm believer that sometimes a good cry can definitely cleanse my soul. No big tears were shed this time around though so I just allowed myself to regain composure and a sense of well being. The upcoming week is my reward! Come Saturday I will find myself on an airplane and while I definitely will not be joining the mile high club I will be on my way to what I know will turn out to be an awesome week!

I’m on my way to Cancun folks! That’s right, sunny Me-he-co! I know some don’t think it’s safe and they fear the swine flu or whatever else but I’m planning to have good times with good friends and plenty margaritas! Yes, I’m climbing up the spout again to get back to normal living folks. My head will be where it’s supposed to be, high above the water. Well, when I’m not enjoying the ocean or the pool that is. When the storms come I can either curl up in a ball and hide or I can push through the pain to reap the rewards later. In this huge world I am the eencey weency spider who keeps fighting its way up the spout and let life try as it might but it’s never going to wash me out!

Eencey Weencey spider
Climbed up the water spout;
Down came the rain
And washed poor Eencey out;
Out came the sun
And dried up all the rain;
And the Eencey Weencey spider
Climbed up the spout again.



0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews