Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My So Called Life (a music blog)

I so love music!! I have over 10,000 songs in my iPod so I just had to do this out of curiosity of what would come up. I have a wide variety of taste, you’ll probably notice that by what I came up with. I’ll need to provide some commentary of course, with lyrics, some of them are a stretch while others are spot on… it’s weird how that works.

Ok here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For the first question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the "next" button TWICE
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you’re cool...just type it in!

And the questions are:

Opening Credits-
Shoes ~~ Kelly
While I do enjoy shoes & this song, this one just doesn’t really work well opening lyric wise. Music wise, it’s a good pick me up sort of song & would definitely wake me up before I go go. I won’t post any of the lyrics since they are pretty straight forward if you listen, watch that last bit it’s a little explicit, hee hee hee.\\
Waking Up-
Never Again ~~ Justin Timberlake
This one is a stretch so here are the only lyrics that could possibly be relatable for this one (the 2nd half is said in a nanny nanny boo boo type of voice on my part, tee hee hee):
Wish like hell I could go back in time
Maybe then I could see how
Forgiveness says that I should
give you one more try
But it's too late, it's over now

Again, yeah, yeah
Again, again, again, yeah, yeah, yeah
Never get to love me

First Day At School-
The Kill ~~ 30 Seconds to Mars
This one is a good fit, not for the same reasons that the song is really meant for I’m sure but it matches none the less.
What if I wanted to break
Laugh it all off in your face
What would you do? (Oh, oh)
What if I fell to the floor
Couldn't take all this anymore
What would you do, do, do?

Come break me down
Bury me, bury me
I am finished with you

What if I wanted to fight
Beg for the rest of my life
What would you do?
You say you wanted more
What are you waiting for?
I'm not running from
you (from you)

I tried to be someone else
But nothing seemed to change
I know now, this is who I
really am inside.
Finally found myself
Fighting for a chance.
I know now, this is
who I really am.

Come break me down
Bury me, bury me
I am finished with you, you, you.
Look in my eyes
You're killing me, killing me

Falling In Love-
Sel Parte Ormai Di Me ~~ Il Divo
I don’t really know what the heck is being said, it’s pretty obvious that it’s a love song & fits perfectly with this. It doesn’t fit quite as well with my life cause I can’t say that I’ve been in love yet so let’s hope this is what it will be if/when I am

Mentre Dormi Accanto A Me
Ti Guardo A Penso
Chissa Cosa Sognerai
Ti Sfioro Appena E Mormoro
Puoi Sentirmi
Voglio Dirti Che Ora So
Niente Puo Cambiare Quello Che
Illumina D'immenso L'anima

[chorus]
L'amore Che Mi Lega A Te
E' Puro Amore Credimi
Nel Profondo
Tu Sei Parte Ormai Di Me
E Non Potra Finire Mai
Sei Tutto Quello Che Vorrei
La Mia Vita
(si) Tu Sei Parte Ormai Di Me
(se) Guardo In Fondo Agli Occhi Tuoi
Posso Vedere
Cio Che E Magico Fra Noi
Ed Amo Tutto Cio Che Sei
Adesso Piu Che Mai
Posso Dirtelo Lo So
Niente Puo Cambiare Quello Che
Illumina D'immenso L'anima

[chorus]
(si) Tu Sei Parte Ormai Di Me
Niente Puo Cambiare Quello Che
Illumina D'immenso L'anima

[chorus]
(si) Tu Sei Parte Ormai Di Me

Losing Virginity-
Loungin (Who Do You Luv) ~~ LL Cool J
Ok, this song isn’t a good fit at all for this one but I did manage to pull out one line from the lyrics that works, LMAO!! Oh, I guess the title works a little too.
Makin love, Duke is weak then he fallin asleep
Fight Song-
Hold On I’m Coming ~~ Sam & Dave
This one is acceptable cause I’m a lover not a fighter… LOL. Maybe lover is a strong word, I’m more of the peacekeeper or listener I guess. It’s sort of fitting since I don’t technically fight
Don't you ever be sad
Lean on me in times of bad
When the day comes and
you're in doubt
In a river of trouble
about to drown

Hold On, hold on
I'm coming, I'm coming
Hold On, hold on
I'm coming, I'm coming
Reach out to me
For satisfaction
Call my name
Quick reaction
Hey hey hey

Don't you ever be sad
Lean on me in times of bad
When the day comes and
you're in doubt
In a river of trouble
about to drown

Breaking Up-
Shoot To Thrill ~~ AC/DC
Ok, this one isn’t really a good fit either but even though I don’t like to fight, like I stated above in the last one, I can be evil when need be.. I mostly kill people with silence though, tee hee hee hee. So here are the lyrics that sort of work.
I'm like evil, I get under your skin,
Just like a bomb that's ready to blow!

Prom-
St. Jimmy ~~ Green Day
Another that really doesn’t match so I pulled only 2 lines that work. I didn’t go to prom cause I really wasn’t interested but the tragedy of it is even if I wanted to I probably couldn’t have gone and that is funny to me now, hence the one line of lyrics
Raised in the city under a halo of lights
It's a comedy and tragedy.

Life-
Nature ~~ India.Arie
This one is somewhat fitting cause I’m pretty laid back & go with the flow. I also believe that the special person will come into my life if/when meant to be
Why you rushing
Let's sit back and watch
the flowers grow
Why you want
To swim against the tide
Let's lay and watch the river flow

Like the sun shines and
The wind blows
Like the birds fly
And the moon glows
If I am meant for you and
You are meant for me
Then we will flow together
Everlastly

Mental Breakdown-
My Last Breath ~~ Evanescence
I have to admit that this one works for me. The first set of lyrics are just plain crazy talk, LOL. It sounds like something my imagination would come up with in a fit of craziness... heck even if I were sane The rest of it just plain works.
i'll miss the winter
a world of fragile things
look for me in the white forest
hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
i know you hear me
i can taste it in your tears

closing your eyes to disappear
you pray your dreams will leave you here
but still you wake and know the truth
no one's there

say goodnight
don't be afraid
calling me calling me as
you fade to black

Driving-
Superhero ~~ Jane’s Addiction
I like to drive like I’m a superhero…. LOL! I do have a lead foot and when the music is a rockin my seatbelt I’ma lockin…LMAO!!!
I'm ok
You have that effect on me
But I need you desperately
You know I need you desperately

Brick or stone cannot hurt me
Madmen around the city go
They attack I'll bring them down
Making their chances super low

I oh, I
Hold to that elusion
I, oh I
I'm not your average guy

Flashback-
War ~~ System Of A Down
Ok, I guess more are unfitting than fitting cause this is another that doesn’t really fit cause I never really fought heathens, LOL. These few lyrics are somewhat fitting though.
Running away, a trivial day,
Of judgement and deliverance

Getting Back Together-
Too Much Food ~~ Jason Mraz
I must like this dude cause he is wordy like me! This is pretty fitting to a past relationship, or how I felt at the time maybe cause now when I think back I think I should have just ended it. If I had though who knows if life would be better or worse now & it’s not so bad as it is so maybe it was worth it all… life lessons learned
You can say that I'm one curly fry in the box of the regular
Messing with the flavor oh the flavor that you savor
Saving me for last but you better not eat me at all
Living in a fast food bag making friends with the ketchup and salt
People say that I'm crazy for not moving on to better things
Instead I'm sitting around trash talking with the onion rings
But it's much too soon to leave this easy life
Pass me the spoon. Pass the analytical knife

Cause your about to get cut and get cut down
It's all about the wordplay all about the sound in the tone of my voice
You gotta let me make my choice alone before my food gets cold
Better shut up or get shot down. It s all about the
know how all just a matter of taste
Stop telling me the way I gotta play. Too much food on my plate

Wedding-
I Want It That Way ~~ Backstreet Boys
LMAO! I haven’t been married but this wouldn’t be a song I’d want to represent it if it were to happen. Ok here is a part that I hope is true if/when it happens:
You are my fire
The one desire
Believe when I say
I want it that way

I definitely don’t want these lyrics to be applicable!
But we are two worlds apart
Can't reach to your heart
When you say
That I want it that way

Now I can see that
we're falling apart
From the way that it
used to be, yeah

Birth of Child-
Stand By Me ~~ Ben E. King
I don’t have kids nor do I want them but seeing what my sister, & other parents, have to go through with theirs. I would want mine to be more like these lyrics and work with me. The part where it says I wouldn’t be afraid or cry though is not so true, I’m a big tear baby so I’d definitely do lots of crying and I’d be afraid all the time… that is why I have no kids
When the night has come and the land is dark,
And the moon is the only light we'll see,
No, I won't be afraid, oh, I-I-I-I won't be afraid,
Just as long as you stand, stand by me.

If the sky that we look upon should tumble and fall,
Or the mountain should crumble to the sea,
I won't cry, I won't cry, no, I-I-I-I won't shed a tear,
Just as long as you stand, stand by me.

Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me?
Ho, stand by me.
[Fades.]
Woh, just stand, now, oh, stand, stand by me.

Final Battle-
Who Let in the Rain ~~ Cyndi Lauper
This fits in a round about way and that’s all I have to say about that
when love gets strong
People get weak
Sometimes they lose control
And wind up in too deep

I envy lovers passing by
Out on the street
'Cause what they have
I couldn't keep
And I wonder who let in the rain

Death Scene-
Don’t Think of Me ~~ Dido
Well, I have to say that I highly doubt this will be my death scene! Here are some lyrics that may be a little fitting, in a whole different way than what they mean in the song though.

Does it bother you now
all the mess I made
Does it bother you now
the clothes you told me
not to wear
Does it bother you now
all the angry games we
played
Does it bother you now
when I'm not there

And it's too late and it's too bad
Don't think of me
Oh it's too late and it's too bad
Don't think of me


Whew, & that is that. Now if I could have hand picked the songs they would have been much different ones. Then again, I probably wouldn’t have done this at all because there are too many to choose from & it would have taken me so very much longer!! Ok, so that is my loosely themed life… LOL. How would yours go???

0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews