Wednesday, October 8, 2008

God Smiled Down On Me

Week 32 Topic: Results may vary...
bonus points
(hard, 2 points): Incorporate a trip to Canada.
(easy, 1 point): Include a Blood Hound.
Final day to post: Oct. 13th, midnight GMT.

Ok folks, it's time to share another photo from the vacation book. Yep, that's me in that photo up there and what am I doing you may ask. Well most likely you aren't asking but seeing since you're here I may as well tell ya anyways. I bet Marvin there that I could do some chin ups from right where we were standing and he didn't believe me. That there is as close as I get to a chin upJ Hey, I'm helping Tiki Tiki Tembo there hold his chin up. Yeah, Marvin didn't go for it either. Next I tried to say I was a plastic surgeon and I was giving him a chin lift and was considering a whole face lift while I was at it. Neither one of them thought that I was funny, no chance for me getting a big head over my prized sense of humor this time around that's for sure. Good old Tiki there was stone cold and kept a face of stone the whole time we were there. Since Tiki is just a head stone I guess he's lacking a funny boneJ

I think Marvin was a little upset to begin with because we were supposed to be taking a trip to Canada again. We were there a few months ago and results may vary but it's not my idea of an adventurous excursion so I wanted to check out something new. I was looking forward to doing some rock climbing and seeing some Mayan ruins or any type of ancient ruins would do really. I know that you may be saying that Tiki Tiki Tembo is Chinese and not Mayan but hey, it was the first thing that popped into my mind as soon as I saw the stone carved monument. Well not the first thing really. First I said "Hey, now this should be enough head and shoulders to clear up that cosmic dandruff of yours Marvin!!" That's when he reminded me that his Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator was back in his possession. He can be so mean! So then I thought to myself that whoever took the time to carve this may have benefited from that space modulator back in the day. Then it was "Hey, it's Tiki Tiki Tembo!" After being in that crazy headspace I just had to have my picture taken with him to remember it all.

Now when I look back at this picture the first thing I think of is "Say cheese." That's mainly due to the obnoxious person who took the picture for us because he kept repeating that in his high pitched voice. He also had this Blood Hound with him that insisted on howling every time his owner screeched. So because I'm crazy like that it made me think of Rosco P. Coltrane and his faithful hound Flash. I know Flash is a Bassett Hound not a Blood Hound but they are both tracking dogs and the breed names are close enough for me to confuse them all of the time. Now that I think about it, the owner did also resemble Boss Hogg a little, LOL!!

Anyways, after it all Marvin called me a poser and I totally busted out laughing. That proved that he did have a little sense of humor afterall. I was posing for the picture after posing as a plastic surgeon... LOL, poser... it was good stuff... guess you had to be there. He got me but I held my chin high, I have a good head on my shoulders. That's when my imagination ran wild and I thought that maybe Tiki was the God of humor and cursed to spend eternity in the mountain because he irked the wrong person on the wrong day. Now he was a prisoner, no longer allowed to use his humor and it would just drain out for others to absorb. That would explain Marvin's little pun cause he's normally more agitated than funny. I wasn't going to let him be head and shoulders above me when it came to humor though, I did have some sort of ancient God looking down on me afterall. The Gods were on my side and Marvin was only a stone's throw away from getting hisJ


This photo show and tell is brought to you from the imagination inspired through
Photobucket

0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews