Saturday, September 27, 2008

Oh The Horror...

Dear Blogging Journal,


Today was the worst day ever! Ok, it's not the worst really but for a moment it was. Well, more than a moment but I'll get to that in a minute.

I took the day off of work today because I had a few appointments scheduled. BJ.. can I call you BJ?? LOL, maybe I should call ya something else. How about Blogger J? Yeah, ok… we'll go with that. Blogger J don't you just hate when you have those open window type of appointments? You know, those where they say that the person will be at your house between such and such time. Yeah, well the first appointment today was that sort of appointment. I needed a little repair for the security system and the guy was going to be here between 8 and 12. There went the idea of sleeping in!! The next appointment was at 1…. we will get to this one a little later. The last appointment was at 4:30 and this one, BLAH! How you doing financially Blogger J? I could use a little home improvement loan. I know they say don't loan to friends or family but if the roof doesn't make it through the winter and there is some leakage issues you may just die in the aftermath and then we won't be friends either. It's a 50/50 chance as far as I can see so you think about it and we'll get back to thatJ


Ok so back to that 1 o'clock appointment. Guess what it was, one of my least favorite places! Come on Blogger J, you remember… I told you a little story about it in the past in Docs to Beetles. Yep, you got it I had an appointment with the Dentist! Ok, you know how I feel about them. Just to freshen your memory a little, I think that they are masochists! Some of them sadomasochists even!! Well today they just had all sorts of new torture in line. The Dentist office that I go to is also an Optometry Clinic so that is what I was there for back in the previous blog. Not too long ago I paid another visit to be evaluated for TMD and that visit was pain free, thank God! No Blogger J, I don't have TMD… thanks for askingJ Anyways, they did have me make an appointment for a cleaning and check-up seeing since I've avoided the Dentist for about 3 years or so. I know, I know… I'm just asking for trouble but they scare me and here is why…

I walked into the clinic today and what do I hear as soon as I open the door?? Drilling, yep… drilling. I know it's a Dentist's office Blogger J but they should sound proof or something cause I wanted to turn around and walk back out cause here is what I saw in my mind

Photobucket

And that is just the nice version for now! I sucked it up and checked in. They don't bring you back right away though so I had to sit and wait. In the mean time I continue to hear the drilling. Now this is some serious drilling going on and my mind continues to wander. Have you ever seen that horror movie called the Dentist Blogger J? Yeah, not good images to have in mind! I know you don't like Corbin Bernsen but you had to have seen it. It's not important cause my next mental image will say it all.

Photobucket

Yep, I went there. From toons to horror in 2 minutes flat! Next I hear pounding, pounding I tell ya. I'm not exaggerating Blogger J. Really, it was pounding! Then the Dental Hygienist calls my name. I'm not gonna lie, I was just gonna sit there and pretend to be Gretchen Millhouse. What?? I don't know who she is Blogger J, I just figured there was no chance she had an appointment today and I could dash out once the hygienist gave up and moved onto the next candidate for torture. Your right, it didn't work. It would have though if it weren't for that pesky receptionist who pointed me out (ZOIKS!!).

Now I had to go back. Had to do some x-rays first so I ask Mr. Hygienist about the drilling and banging and can't they soundproof or something?? Guess what he tells me Blogger J? Rather than being a decent clinic and waiting until after hours, they were doing some remodeling and that's what I was hearing. Blogger J, stop laughing it's not funny. Of course I was going to assume it was drilling and banging of teeth, I'm in the dentist's office!! Well I asked Mr. Hygienist if he's seen it, you know the movie.

Photobucket

Of course he saw it, he relishes in that sort of thing!! I told him that he should tell the powers that be that it is just a whole new kinda torture for a person to sit in the waiting area waiting to be called back all the while hearing construction drilling and banging going on. He just giggled and proceeded to clean my teeth. Dude… how many times do you have to tell someone that they are hitting your filling with that damn metal pick before they stop doing it!!!! That and that they will not be able to get the damn pick to go between the 2 bottom front teeth because they overlap slightly and there isn't a space. Can they not see that?!?!? I'm telling ya Blogger J, he is so very lucky that I didn't back hand him and blame it on reflexes!!

All in all Mr. Hygienist said that my teeth were very good for not being in for so long but. When Mrs. Dentist came in it was a whole other story though. I think that they make up stuff as they go along so that they can make you come back for the drilling cause they enjoy it so!! I ended up having a cavity for each year that I didn't come in for a cleaning, don't you find that coincidental??? Whatever Blogger J, sometimes I wonder if you really are a friend! Anyways, I have to go back for those fillings. I tried to tell them that they should just do it and get it over with cause I may not come back but they didn't go for it. I'll now need to debate on whether I will go back or not. Dude, quite pressuring me!! I'll go, eventuallyJ

Now can we talk about that loan??? Blogger J? Blogger J? Are you still here? Come on Blogger J, help a sista out!!

This is an entry for the Fantasy, Dreams, the Unknown section of the Blogophilia Olympics.

Horror is a subcategory Blogger J and that dentist visit was my version of horror! That and the cost of my new roof… any more thoughts on that loan?? Blogger J?? Quit ignoring me… we'll discuss this later my so called friend!

0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews