Sunday, September 21, 2008

Friend or Foe

Photobucket

As another angel falls from grace,
they seem to be drawn to my headspace.
Frightening beasts of the night in mid flight,
razor sharp claws and teeth that snap and bite.


Giving me goosebumps from head to toe,
taking me to that dark place no one should go.
Drifting into my dreams
with their ghastly screams.

Are you for real
will you make me cry?
Must you reveal
how I may die?

My mind is tortured with thoughts of you
while you seep into my daydreams too.

Shed that mask,
take off your disguise.
Does your task

lead to my demise?

Beware of night when the critters creep down the halls
it feels like the twilight zone in the Valley of the Dolls.

The atmosphere seems pervaded with darkness and doom
and there are visions of demons rising from their tomb.
Trembling with fear as solace I seek
when things lighten up I may again take a peak.

Now a spectral image visits in my sleep
and I feel that it's friendly, not a scary creep.
I long to explore you through and through
as my mind is left wandering at the wonder of you.
©MDO

Scared into inspiration by joskibear, Linda, Michelle K, Margie, Glenn, Cherie, Colleen B, the falcon, Karen--tales, Lost Soul Linda, Lady "Cheryl" Death and a little extra ghostbusting by Melanie

0 Unleashed voices:

Total Pageviews